Bard is Google’s experimental entry into the competitive world of conversational AI systems. It is available to adults with Google accounts in more places, including Brazil and everywhere in the European Union.
To try Bard, sign up in a browser with a Google Account from a supported country. If you use a Google Workspace account, you may want to check with your administrator because some organizations may limit or prohibit access. Once signed in to Bard, you can explore the following features:
- Chat with Bard in more than 40 languages. Bard can chat and respond in more than 40 languages, including Chinese, English, Hindi, Spanish, and Arabic.
- Prompt Bard with your voice. You can prompt Bard with your voice by clicking on the microphone icon and talking.
- Have Bard read a response (text-to-speech). You can have Bard read a response back to you by clicking on the speaker icon.
- Refine a Bard response quickly. Bard usually offers a quick way to refine a response. You can select the Modify Response button and choose one of the five options: Shorter, Longer, Simpler, More casual, or More professional.
- Pin and share Bard conversations. You can pin any conversation to place it above the list of all recent Bard chats. This can be helpful if you want to continue a conversation thread on a particular topic. You can also share a public link to your Bard chats. This allows you to show people exactly what’s possible with Bard.
- Prompt Bard with an image. Bard can now accept uploaded images along with prompts. For example, you can upload a photo of a book and then ask Bard for more information about it. Bard can often translate text in images or suggest captions.
Bard is still under development, but it is a powerful tool that can be used for a variety of tasks. Here are a few ideas of how you can use Bard:
- Get help with your work. Bard can help you with your work by generating text, translating languages, writing different kinds of creative content, and answering your questions in an informative way.
- Learn new things. Bard can help you learn new things by providing you with information and answering your questions.
- Be more productive. Bard can help you be more productive by automating tasks and helping you stay organized.
- Have fun. Bard can also be used for fun, such as generating creative text formats, like poems, code, scripts, musical pieces, email, letters, etc.
If you are interested in trying Bard, you can sign up at https://bard.google.com/.